We thought we’d provide a brief operational update on what we’re doing following the revised Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance from the government.
Boxset Media is closely following developing news and advice from the Foreign Office, WHO and Public Health England. We will continue to update the guidance on this page as required.
Are we still filming for clients?
We will work with our clients and assess every filming request to ensure that they are feasible within the latest Public Health England guidelines on COVID-19. We ask clients to be aware of the governments COVID-19 advice and bear this in mind when requesting filming.
A sustained focus on health and safety
Boxset Media have always had the health, safety and wellbeing of our teams, clients, friends and family at the forefront of the way we operate. We ensure our crew carry out their roles within safe working hours with adequate rest breaks as well as having high on-set safety standards.
Here are a few things we’ll be doing differently during filming:
- We will continue to carry out detailed Risk Assessments and Method Statements for each filming project we carry out. These will be written and authorized by senior crew members who have extensive experience filming in high risk filming locations
- All crew members will be aware of and follow the latest Public Health England guidelines on COVID-19
- We may operate with reduced crew members and ask clients that only essential people are present during filming
- Casting will be done remotely via video link and not in person
The Filming & Kit
- Additional time may be required for setup and pack down of kit
- All equipment will be sanitized, however no one other than authorized crew members should come into contact with our equipment
- Lavalier (lapel / tie clip microphones) will not be used as attaching these will break social distancing rules. We will instead use microphones positioned on stands or 2m boom poles
- Remote video links or separate video monitors positioned at a safe distance may be used to allow clients to view and review footage during the shoot
- All crew will follow Public Health England guidelines on social distancing (including maintaining a 2 metre distance from others), and hygiene (washing hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds)
- The crew will also carry personal hand sanitizer and wear face coverings where appropriate
- All crew members will travel by car to filming locations and there will be no car sharing
Feel free to download our Health & Safety Policy, including draft examples of our Risk Assessment and Method Statements.